Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baby Food

Home made baby food is a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Saturday was a baby food making day.

I made some lentils, sweet potatoes, and some chicken.

For lentils, just rinse 1cup Lentils. Then bring to a boil in 1 1/2 cups water. Reduce and let simmer for 20 minutes. Purée and freeze into ice cube trays.

For sweet potatoes, peel and cut into pieces. Steam for ~15 minutes, then purée. Freeze in ice cube trays.

Now for the chicken I got a little more creative.
I had made some chicken broth with just chicken bones. No spices etc. Just chicken and water.
So I cooked some chicken in a frying pan with the chicken broth in place of oil. Then I added 1 cup chicken broth. 1 apple, peeled cored and choped, and 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped. After simmering for 20 minutes, purée. And again freeze in trays.

The chicken recipe inspired me and when I served the lentils, I thought they looked kinda gross. So I added sweet potato and apple sauce. My little guy loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment