Friday, October 9, 2009

Sweet Potato Soup

We LOVE Sweet Potatoes at our house. I make sweet potato casserole, fries, mashed, baked. Since I don't like regular potatoes, sweet potatoes replace them in my diet.
Well I recently found a wonderful recipe for soup. I had it today and it was absolutely delicious!!

Sweet Potato Soup adapted from recipezarr.com



3-4 Tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion chopped
~1 tsp fresh ginger
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 large sweet potato (not gigantic, if it's really big then just use half)
1 cup chicken stock

Sauté the garlic, onion ginger and curry powder in the butter. Add Sweet Potato and chicken stock. Cook on low until sweet potato is tender. Purée in blender or food processor. Put back into pot.

Over low heat add:
about 3 cups of milk.

Cook until warm.

Ladle into bowl and just before serving, add cream and fresh cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment