Friday, October 9, 2009

Roast

No picture of this one this week. Next time I make it I'll be sure to get a picture though.

I never really liked roast. Unless my Grandma made it. A few years ago she taught me how, but of course mine is NOTHING like hers. So I had to find my own recipe since I don't think I will ever be able to replicate Grandma's.

So here's what to do.

Get out your crock pot. You can do this in a roasting pan as well, but I have not mastered the art of "knowing" when it's done. So I still use the crock pot.

Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup.
1 package onion soup mix
1 cup red wine.
1 cup sliced mushrooms.
Add your roast and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

After removing the roast, put your "gravy" into a sauce pan. In a separate container (i use a shaker) mix about 2 TBSP flour and enough water to make a liquid. Heat gravy and slowly add flour mixture while stirring until gravy has thickened.

Many people would serve this with regular potatoes. And you can, but I just mash up some sweet potatoes and then make a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment