Monday, October 19, 2009

Beefaroni

I wasn't very organized today. If I had been organized I would have either bought or made some type of bread. But I have a baby, and we had swimming lessons today, and that seemed more important.
I did have some tomatoes from my garden that needed to be used. I wanted some sort of pasta, but I wasn't really in the mood to be creative on my own.
So I went searching and came across a recipe on "What's for Dinner"

Homemade Beefaroni

1 lb. ground beef
2 14.5 oz cans tomato sauce
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. water
1 T. sugar
1 t. each garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning
1/4 t. black pepper
1 lb. cooked pasta

I added some cherry tomatoes from my garden cut in quarters.

Brown ground beef in a sauce pan and drain. Stir in remaining ingredients, except the pasta. Simmer for about 10 minutes, to let the flavours combine.

Stir in the pasta until coated.

It would have been good served with bread and salad. But that didn't happen tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment