Sunday, January 10, 2010

Marinated Pork Chops

I have a wonderful cookbook called "The Big Cook" by Deanna Siemmens, Lorelei Thomas and Joanne Smith. It's all meals you can prepare ahead of time and freeze. It took me a while to realize it, but they have each recipe in various portions, 1 meal, 4 meals, 6 meals and 8 meals. Even if you don't want to freeze it ahead of time, you can still make it that same day.

These pork chops turned out perfectly.

6 Pork Chops (I used 4)
1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup onion minced (I used 1/2 a small onion)
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP melted honey
2 cloves minced garlic

Combine all ingredients and pour over pork chops.
You can freeze them in a freezer bag for future use.
Or I put everything in a container in the fridge for the afternoon.

Bake at 350F on a broiler pan for 45 minutes.

I saved the mixture and basted the pork chops about every 15 minutes and turned them halfway through.



I did get some before pictures but then my camera batteries died, so no after pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment