Saturday, December 5, 2009

Quiche



Remember all that Pork I have in my freezer? And how there are only two of us. So when I make a ham, I freeze the leftovers, and save them to use in things like quiche.

I found a wonderful crust recipe, that takes only minutes.

1cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup cold water

mix, and spread in 9" pie plate.

Basic Quiche

1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
2 T flour
1 cup milk
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Parmesean cheese (I often just use what I have in my fridge. And sometimes it's just cheddar)
pepper to taste



Then I add to it. The pictures are of a quiche with ham and green onions and red pepper.

Lasts night quiche had red peper, green onions, ham and asparagus. And the cheese I had on hand was Cheddar and Monterey Jack.

Bake at 400 for 50 minutes.

This is also really easy to make ahead of time and put it in your fridge the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment